Nail through Sky TV Cable.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.
My joiner accidently fired a slim nail right through my Sky TV cable with a nail gun (the thick cable with the outer meshed core and the solid inner core) whilst attaching new skirting boards to the wall (the cable was to be hidden behind these boards). The nail has went right through the centre and out the other side.
Now my Sky doesn't work (getting the message "No Satellite Signal Being Received"), obviously this nail has caused the problem. I took it out hoping it would resolve it, but not to be. I think it may have even went through the inner core.
Would this cause fatal damage to the Sky cable? If so, is it just a matter of cutting away the offending part and re-attaching the rest of the cable with a connector? I only have around 3 inches to play with as its pretty tight up against my fire place. Should this be ok?
Many thanks
Mike.

Sponsored Links
Get Sky to rewire and let your joiner claim off his insurance (he is insured?)

Sponsored Links
It might work if you put a proper joint in it, however it may have caused damage to your sky box.

Its severed the middle core? Or dragged part of the sheath through and thats now touching the middle core.

Just cut away damaged piece and rejoin with the proper connectors, same thing happened to me did above suffered no signal loss whatsoever.

Only having 3" to play with must have been a bit of a handicap. :oops: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back