name that tune

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to rmember the name of a particular tune, sort of novelty one from around the 60's or 70's cant remember but it went a bit like this

dur dur dur de da de da de da de da (up scale)de da de da da da da da da repeat again

Chorus da de de de da,(up scale) da de de de da,(upscale)da de de de da(upscale) da de de de da , back to the start of tune

as you can see its quite repetitive

any ideas?

Sponsored Links
i can't work out if you're joking or not

Do you know ANY of the words? If so I'm usually quite good with these

i can't work out if you're joking or not
no serious, you know what its like when you get a tune in your head but cant remember what it is, be grateful for help thanks

Do you know ANY of the words? If so I'm usually quite good with these
should have said its instrumental only

And would you believe it as i'm typing i've realised where the tune in my heads come from, an advert for covent garden soup thats on right now!perhaps when someone hears it it'll jog their memory?

Sponsored Links
The only thing that springs to mind with no words that keeps going up in tempo is "Zorbas Dance"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWYHO1tLcqY
That vid is a remix from a few years ago but I think it's a much older tune
No definitely not zorbas dance more a novelty tune but does up scale rather than up tempo like zorba does

think of the de da's as two repetitive notes, the same two over and over again

The commercial is actually the sponser for the Britains Best Dish program on the box now(ITV). they keep playing it at each break and when they come back.

Talk about subliminal advertising I didnt even realise it was playing in the background but it stuck in my head straight away.

was it an instrumental and did it sound like it was played on a real old plinky plonky piano?

was it an instrumental and did it sound like it was played on a real old plinky plonky piano?
might have though its not mouldy ol dough if thats what you were thinking of :) i seem to remember trombones or trumpets aswell

sounds to me like the instrumental break in the tamla mowtown song "here come the girls" which is on tv alot.

Sponsored Links
Back