Narrowboat festival over the bank holiday!

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
All sorts of idiotic and unpleasant rants, thinking he was doing it as a deliberate wind-up, not realising that they make it look like he really is an unpleasant ranting idiot.

Freddie said:
I do have a certain respect for some of them though BigAll seems a really nice bloke ( shame he is a scot :D

no you cant borrow my adult videos again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

not untill you return lushious linda with the puncture repaired :p :p :p

ban-all-sheds said:
Freddie said:
All sorts of idiotic and unpleasant rants, thinking he was doing it as a deliberate wind-up, not realising that they make it look like he really is an unpleasant ranting idiot.

Where i did i write that and what point are you making BAS?

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
It's a meta-quote ;)

The point I'm trying to make is that if you make posts which contain views that other people find idiotic, or unpleasant, then even if you don't really believe what you've said, and think that you're only doing it as a wind-up, the impression you create is that you actually are an unpleasant idiot.

ban-all-sheds said:
Freddie said:
It's a meta-quote ;)

The point I'm trying to make is that if you make posts which contain views that other people find idiotic, or unpleasant, then even if you don't really believe what you've said, and think that you're only doing it as a wind-up, the impression you create is that you actually are an unpleasant idiot.

Too deep for me :confused: :confused: what ever happened to sex drugs and rock n roll? :D

ban-all-sheds wrote.
I took a bog-standard holiday hire onto the River Weaver once, and was surprised at just how fast it would go when freed from the constraints of a canal, but even so, not quite up to speedboat performance...
I have never been on a river yet in a narrowboat, only been on the canals. I presume you did the weaver at the same time as Preston Brook. What was the river experience like in comparison to the canals? Did you go down the boat lift at Anderton to get onto the weaver?
http://www.andertonboatlift.co.uk/
If you enjoyed the holiday this is a canal I would recommend, can be a bit busy when the kids are off school but very scenic and interesting. (Some nice pubs too) ;)
http://www.canaljunction.com/cllang.htm

Do you live near Cheshire?

ban-all-sheds said:
the impression you create is that you actually are an unpleasant idiot.

Why?

He's like most of us.........he gets 'sore' when he looses an arguement or if people disagree with him.

From his posts I think he sounds like he's up for a good craic.......!? :LOL: :LOL:

JulieL said:
ban-all-sheds said:
the impression you create is that you actually are an unpleasant idiot.

Why?

He's like most of us.........he gets 'sore' when he looses an arguement or if people disagree with him.

From his posts I think he sounds like he's up for a good craic.......!? :LOL: :LOL:

Ignore him Julie he is just one of those unwashed smelly penis's that thinks he is above the rest of us and likes to talk down to us when not watching University Challenge and playing with his slide rule.

Can you get the internet (so we can log onto DIYnot) while we're on the narrowboat next weekend? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
.......as this forum has much better entertainment value than the rubbish on the telly! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

david and julie said:
I have never been on a river yet in a narrowboat, only been on the canals. I presume you did the weaver at the same time as Preston Brook.
Yup.

What was the river experience like in comparison to the canals?
Bloody scary - a 70' boat seems big on the canals, but it was dwarfed by some of the craft on the river at that point.

Did you go down the boat lift at Anderton to get onto the weaver?
http://www.andertonboatlift.co.uk/[/QUOTE]
Yup. It was quite some time ago, before it fell into disuse. I am so pleased that it's been restored and put back into use. I'd probably be a little less pleased at the way it's been turned from just one component of a working canal system into a stand-alone attraction with a visitor centre, cafe and shops, but I guess that's better than not having it at all. I can strongly recommend a trip on it.

A bit disingenuous of their website to say that it is the UK's only working boat lift though....

http://www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk/index.asp

If you enjoyed the holiday this is a canal I would recommend, can be a bit busy when the kids are off school but very scenic and interesting. (Some nice pubs too) ;)
Show me a canal without nice pubs...

Do you live near Cheshire?
No - London.

Freddie said:
Ignore him Julie he is just one of those unwashed smelly ****'s
Thank you for that. Are you not able to debate/discuss/argue/whatever without introducing completely gratuitous insults?

Whatever I have said about you has been on the basis of what you've posted - where do you get the justification for calling me unwashed and smelly?

that thinks he is above the rest of us and likes to talk down to us
Neither of those are true.

when not watching University Challenge
You seem to be saying that as if you think there is something wrong with watching it.

and playing with his slide rule.
Sadly I no longer have one of those.

JulieL said:
Can you get the internet (so we can log onto DIYnot) while we're on the narrowboat next weekend? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
.......as this forum has much better entertainment value than the rubbish on the telly! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Laptop + mobile phone or dedicated PCMCIA card to access GPRS or 3G.

Not cheap to run, though.....

Sponsored Links
Back