Naughty, naughty!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Seen January's PE?

An article showcasing a SWA stripping tool claiming it can be used to expose the armour so that cables can be cross bonded with clamps.

Er, you're not supposed to do that are you?

Sponsored Links
See the thing in wf

like a ringing tool but with 25mm of hacksaw blade
All it would do though is cut the rubber and proberly score the armour at the same time

you would still need a knife to get the middle rubber bit out

So if you was gonna do it you might as well just use a knife.
Not saying its right though.

Did you read the letter from "Don't call me sparky" electrician?

What a c0ck :LOL:

Those SWA tools don't work very well. I'm sticking with a hacksaw and knife. :)

Sponsored Links
I feel sorry for David Strachan ('RCD Concern') on page 12.

Poor beggar... I bet he's not going to like it when he gets to page 54. :cry:

(Which one is "Don't call me sparky"?)

You ain't seen my house... it's really not a target!

(Besides, the bars on all doors and windows, extra security locks, razor wire, alarms, dogs, moat and armed response team all do their bit in 'Marvellous Armley'!) :D

can you get PE delivered or do you have to pick it up from the wholesalers?
being stuck in a factory for the past 4 years I haven't been to the wholesalers much to pick up a copy and feel I'm missing out on all the inovations...

IMGP2800.jpg

:LOL: :LOL: :rolleyes:

ColJack, I don't think they deliver, but if you e-mail me your address, I'll stick a copy in the post to you :LOL:

"chipies".

And the mother of all ironies - "dumming down".

You couldn't make it up.

I feel sorry for David Strachan ('RCD Concern') on page 12.

Poor beggar... I bet he's not going to like it when he gets to page 54. :cry:

I believe that one was written some time before the final draft was written and it was reffering to the 1st draft doc which was realeased for comments at the ouset. Rumours abounded and it appeared that there were some misunderstandings. Someone who is "In the know" reckons that the RCD requirement even for safe zones came in very late in the day

Yes I too had a chuckle at David "RCD" Strachan (as he is now known) letter, It was the sheer arrogance and contempt in his own misbelief coupled with the irony that his error was hammered home to him in the very same publication ! Superb, keep it up PE :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back