NCS or AT Risk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Please could someone tell me if this gas pipe running from the outside gas meter is considered AT Risk or NCS, and what should be done about it?

Thank you

Attachments

• pipework.jpg
    pipework.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 877
Sponsored Links
Probably ncs. Not sleeved entering the building. Lots of other things to worry about in this world, but that is not one of them..I would get the bonding sorted.

Depends if the wall has a cavity, if it has then at risk, if its a solid wall ncs.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There is still the NCS category but its been removed from the giusp 7 because NCS are not unsafe, you can still note and report whatever NCS you find .

Depends if the wall has a cavity, if it has then at risk, if its a solid wall ncs.

It is only AR if the missing sleeve is direct from inside the meter box, otherwise solid or cavity = NCS
Unless I am mistaken

Just shows how easy it is to misinterpret wording!

Next question could be how big is the hole in the wall before the gas pipe is just running through an opening rather then an unsleeved hole!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back