Gas Safety NCS - sleeving and bonding query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had my first ever Gas Safety check and i've been given an warning/advice notice (NCS) for my elec meter having no bonding and gas pipe no sleeving.

Do i have to complete this work for legal compliance? I plan to rent my home and I can't tell if they are "better to have" or "need to have".

Also, anyone know how much it will cost to rectify please? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Ring Gas safe and ask them.

As to a "better or need" to have, with the legislation in place even if, as you will find that NCS is a designation that you as a householder 'might' ignore,
as a Landlord do you think it is wise to have less than spot on as this would be noted on a landlords safety inspection. This might cause some tension with any future tenant who may perceive you as uncaring about their safety.

Get it sorted would be my advice. then you are squeaky clean.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all. I've been getting some quotes via my builder website. I like the idea of ringing Gas Safe.

MyBuilder is primarily for builders, you need a gas reg engineer!

Those in the trade don't usually recommend those sites!

Tony

No sleeving in vast amount of cases is nothing to worry about hense why its only Not Current Standard in well over 30 years i have never seen it cause a problem with 20 of those years doing emergency callout to gas leaks.
What can happen is if the building moves it can rupture the pipe ( but most sleeves are that tight it would still rupture0 , secondly there can be a reaction between mortar, building mats ,weather etc and corrode the pipe

I have seen unprotected pipe rot through and create a big gas leak with some holes the size of a 5p coin showing when I lifted the small bit of broken concrete from around the pipe. Having said that this would have been detected sooner if the landlord in question had kept his landlords inspections up to date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back