Nearly ready for plasterer but now getting worried

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All
Need some emergency advice. Recently refurbing an old stone built Scottish Farmhouse. The house was stripped back to stone, framed internally with 50 * 25 mm batten and infilled with 50mm Kingspan, double foil sided boards. This has been covered in plasterboard ready for the plasterer.

however I'm now worried that I should have included a vapour barrier somewhere in the mix? Any advice really appreciated??

Thanks
A

Oh yeah, I'm new here so hi everyone (sorry for being so rude)

Sponsored Links
The foil backed insulation boards will provide a vapour barrier, but you are supposed to tape all joints with foil tape to provide a continuous barrier. Basically the wall should be airtight.

You are also supposed to insulate over the battens otherwise they cause a gap in the insulation.

If the plasterboard had foil backing then you will be ok.

If you are worried, I think the best option would be to cover the wall in foil-backed 9.5mm plasterboard (if you can source it)

Or, completely cover the wall in polythene (taped joints) and go over this with standard 9.5mm plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back