NEAT plastering help

Nobody knows what they can do until they try, the main thing is having total interest and dedication in what you're doing, and doing it to the best of your ability, always aiming higher. Where it goes from there,, who knows.

Roughcaster.

As with anything, it's 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration - practice, read, study, listen, watch and learn. That's what makes a professional a professional instead of the bloke the op has employed.

Sponsored Links
the main thing is having total interest and dedication in what you're doing, and doing it to the best of your ability, always aiming higher. Where it goes from there, who knows.
& there you have it in a nutshell :LOL:

The same applies to everything in life; you sometimes have to accept your limitations on something you’ve tried & move onto something else that you may be better at. Some either cant spot it or don’t give a **** but they also can’t see that they are the ones that are truly missing out. ;)

Sponsored Links
Some either cant spot it or don’t give a s**t but they also can’t see that they are the ones that are truly missing out. ;)
He who knows not that he knows not...... ;) Think this is a Confucious saying, but I know not :oops: :LOL:

oh great thread guys! :D

have to say i think we've hijacked it though ;)

flippin' government with there schemes, throwing money at things thinking that will solve it, should realise that where there's money there're also unscrupulous sorts out to make a quick buck while it lasts.

like you richard this trade is a million miles off from what i used to do, and have taken a bit of a drop in money to make this career change (hoping it'll improve a little once i'm establihed etc) but oh boy am i happier, really loving it! it's not always about the money!!

i've always had a go at stuff around the house and have always known i've been quite good with my hands so was quite confident i'd take to it but like you say if working with your hands isn't your thing then plastering is a trade you should leave well alone.

THANKS again chaps! what a great forum!

email me a kleenex will you Rich?

Ok, to bring it back on track.......

from a DIY plasterers point of view? Its shocking. I truly could do much better, and even if i ended up with a similar finish, i'd re-do it. I certainly would not leave a customer with that mess.

I can understand you pro's getting mighty peeved by it. Hell, i get mad looking at it, and i've only gleaned all my knowledge so far off 3 people.

Skill is something you learn, pride in your work should be a given at all levels!

That guy is a crook!

In the seventies, early eighties, there was a government scheme where people could enrol onto a 6 month course to learn a trade. At the time, building firms were obliged to employ so many of these "6 monthers" as they were called. Many were a waste of time, and got little respect from the "hard line old timers" but others went on to become decent tradesmen. Nobody knows what they can do until they try, the main thing is having total interest and dedication in what you're doing, and doing it to the best of your ability, always aiming higher. Where it goes from there,, who knows.

Roughcaster.

That was called a TOPS course

I was apprenticed alongside a 6 monther in the early 70`s . Apart from being ****ed off that he got his tools free :cry: , we both became exellent plumbers ;) He went on to be a CORGI....And not a degree (Uni.) between us. As to plastering.. my son took to it like a duck to water, just waiting for the recession to lift...So anyone in E. Sussex want a Left Handed plasterer ( useful to pair up with ) for small jobs @ weekends ;)

I'm left handed too Nige. As you say, very useful as a pair up. Off on holiday now, see you all later. ;)

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back