Need a concealed cistern loo to fit a recess -photo included

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like a new toilet with a concealed cistern to fit the recess (shown in my photo) and to hide the pipes.

I want it to look posh but for as little money as possible.

The recess is W660mm x D240mm.

I have seen toliet units of 600mm wide but that would leave a space down the sides.

This is the style of toilet I like:

moods-kanuka-back-to-wall-toilet-incl.-soft-close-seat-25463-p%5Bekm%5D325x325%5Bekm%5D.jpg

Anyone have any ideas as to what I should do?

Sponsored Links
Why not build in the unit yourself and fit the concealed cistern that way you can put a flat face to the alcove and have a nice top which will be a handy feature for the nick nacks of life. if yo get a pneumatic operation flush then the button can go anywhere you decide

600 unit & a filler down one or both sides, fitted furniture never fits exactly the space

Why not build in the unit yourself and fit the concealed cistern that way you can put a flat face to the alcove and have a nice top which will be a handy feature for the nick nacks of life. if yo get a pneumatic operation flush then the button can go anywhere you decide

Yes, that is a good idea but I wouldn't fancy having to tile the flat face.

Is there anything really posh looking that I could use as the flat face (rather than tiles)?

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Both Geberit and Grohe do good quality inexpensive concealed toilets.

HTH

600 unit & a filler down one or both sides, fitted furniture never fits exactly the space

I have seen shallow depth 600mm WC units for sale but it seems a real problem trying to get the filler bits to match and for a reasonable price.

I have a quote to do it like that in white gloss for £450 (inc loo) + £200 for fitting.

AS cat says, if you're DIY handy then get a piece of gloss white melamine conti board from a DIY shed (£15) and cut an arch in the bottom to take the waste pipe and low level flush pipe. 2 wooden straps on recess, one either side, cut board to width/height and fix to straps with mirror screws for a nice finish, have another piece cut for a top to fit flush with the face boxing it all in.
Seal any cut edges with pva glue to water proof and seal with white silicone round edges once fitted. Core a hole top right for a remote push button flush and get a concealed cistern and back to the wall pan to suit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Linton-Ba...98823?pt=UK_HG_Toilets_RL&hash=item4ac51a0d67

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The cistern in use at the mo is a side entry and as the concealed units are slightly smaller there will be room to fit a side entry if that is the type supplied, but all the better if it is a bottom entry one.

This is how far I have got:

I bought a few bath end panels from Bathstore for about £8 each and then cut to fit the recess. It was much cheaper to do that than to buy a WC unit + filler panel + worktop.

I just have to put a tiny bit of flexible filler down the sides. The room isn't yet painted and I will add some flooring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back