need a quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys..just need a rough idea of how much its gonna cost to change my boiler....ive got a biasi combi 24 se ..its rather old..i want to replace it in the exact same place with a more efficient worceter bosh or similar...might need to slightly adjust the pipe work....shudnt be too much...and the flue needs to go staright up through the kitchen roof...any ideas how much..including powerflush/...ta?

Sponsored Links
Your existing boiler is quite efficient, reliable and are totally repairable.

If you have money to spend use it to improve insulation as that will give you a very good return on your investment.

Replacing your existing boiler will cost about £1600 and give you very little improvement in efficiency, perhaps 5-10% at the most.

Tony

strangely i agree with the figure or £1600 based on a 28i junior or si and a vert flue!

If the current gas pipework is 22mm then this would be a decent price including a powerflush / magna clean kind of filter.

I would disagree with agile on fixing an old biasi! throwing good money after bad on a cheap boiler seems pointless. This year you fix a leak, next year an expansion vessel and then the year after another leak! Get your boiler fitted by an approved wb fitter and you'll get a five year warranty (next day service if ever req') details of fitters on their website!

I fit a lot per year (wb) and have less that 1% failure rate in the first 5 years. They will run at around 92.5 % efficient on high fire. Very reliable

Sponsored Links
If the only reason your changing it is 'efficiency' then I'd wait until next year.

I'd wait until the Christmas Rush is over, and Engineers are looking for a good earner.

We're all slowly getting busier now, with breakdowns etc. so I'd imagine you'd be hard-pushed to get a competetive quote.

Ball-park, anything from £1000 to £3000 would get a good system installed, flushed and good to go.

As mentioned, WB = 5 years Parts&Labour, Next Day Service.

Good luck.

looking at 1600 plus imo. any lower than that and i would question why the installer is doing it so cheap imo

"to be or not to be that is the question whather it is nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles"

shakespere :rolleyes:

What about Vaillant or glow worm both come with five year warranty,the veissmann has one of the best no quibble warranties on the market

Worcester Bosch are pain in neck ,fine until they break down and yes as much as some people would like you to believe its a fact all of them will break down

The five year warranty from worcester especially for the budget junior models or their derivatives aint worth a carrot,that boiler is built for the cheap end of the market and only available in the Uk,if you choose their boilers then make sure its the CDI range

Also if you live in hard water area and wish to have water softner then theres no chance,because that aluminium heat exchanger will be destroyed by the salts

One should never ever believe all the marketing Hype!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back