Need a trusted and honest Gas Engineer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I had a new Vailant Eco 28 system installed around 2 years ago. No issues with it at all but just wanting to get a proper service done on it.

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy Engineer to do this please? I would like a proper service done on it. Heat plate taken off, cleaned, etc.

I'm based in Enfield EN3 just off the M25.

Any recommendations and suggestions on cost much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Why do you require that part taken off :?:

I remember the flow rate being much better when it was first installed. It still is very good at the moment but just thinking its best to keep it clean rather than let it build up with limescale. I live in a hard water area and want to make sure its maintained well. Seems like an easy thing to remove?? The heath plate exchanger?

Flow rates, temperature rise, gas rating can all be checked withour taking the plate to plate off. They would show if that needs to be done.
You could ask a new one to be fitted and the old one could be cleaned out ready to put back in down the line when the new starts to get blocked. Notice I didn't say if !!!

lol - so I shouldn't use Vailant service?

If you find a good independant he'd have more time to do a decent job, manufacturers engineers have a lot put on them and they are not given adequate time per job to do a good job.

You might pay the same price but the Independant doesn't have the same overheads to cover so he could spend more time in doing a first class as opposed to a rush job. Your problem is finding a decent concientious chap.

Yep that is the problem. Getting an engineer who takes pride in his work and does a proper job. Do it properly or dont bother.

Gasbanni - are you an engineer?

I prefer to call, myself a thermodynamasist as I utilise the second law of thermodynamics to get cold water hot and cold houses hotter !!

Put a post in the plumbing and heating section and ask if anyone knows a good engineer in your area.

Heat plate taken off, cleaned, etc.
Rofl.......do you insist the cylinder head is taken off when your car is "serviced"....I doubt anybody ever takes off and cleans a plate heat exchanger as part of a routine service.

plenty of tradesman also need

trustworthy and honest customers ;) plenty of whom know the price of everything & the value of nothing ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back