Need a "USB Charger" without a mains plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have L & N in the base of an outside light, and want to supply a front-door camera which needs a USB level 5V supply.
I want a small power supply I can wire into, and house in, the light's base. There's no room for a mains plug/socket. Something the size of the USB supply integrated in some mains wall sockets, would do.
It's in a porch so is sheltered.

I could smash up a plugtop one, it there's nothing neater.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
If you look on eBay, you'll find plenty, but most seem to be straight from China (and cost under £2!), so I would be very hesitant to trust their safety or anything else! Things like ...
s-l225.webp

Kind Regards, John

Thanks - obvs had the wrong keywords.
One with uk plug is £1.28:eek:

Thanks - obvs had the wrong keywords.
One with uk plug is £1.28:eek:
I got a travel charger from one of the high street phone shops which had separate plug pins, and a selection of different nationalities plugs which slide into it to make a universal wall wart. The great thing about it was the size like a matchbox but maybe a little thicker and above all the contacts fitted 4.8mm spade crimps perfectly and I Fitted it inside something as you describe.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back