Need advice- wiring room thermostat for use with tube heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Hi all, my first post on here (though have dipped in and out for a couple of years for advice), so be gentle with me!

I'm a fairly competent DIYer having undertaken a good few major projects in my life, including a kitchen extension a few years back from rewiring to plumbing and everything in between (before the reg's became so strict and complex :( ).

Anyhow, I'm looking to wire up a 120w Redring Suntube heater via a Sunvic TLX9201 room thermostat to provide controlled frost protection/background heating for the dry side of our aviary.

As I say, I understand the basics of electrics - but every time I look at the three wires of the tube heater and supply then at the four terminals in the thermo' - my mind just goes blank!!! I seem to have forgotten more than I ever knew.

Any help would be much appreciated

Lee

Oh, the terminals in the thermo' are marked as:

1 common
2 satisfied
3 demand
4 connect to neutral

Sponsored Links
Supply wires:
Live - terminal 1
Neutral - terminal 4

Heater wires:
Live - terminal 3
Neutral - terminal 4

Terminal 2 is not used.

The two Earth wires connect together in a separate connector block.

Supply to 1 & 4, load to 3 & 4.

Don't forget to sleeve & join the earths.

Where are you taking the power from?

EDIT - too slow....

Sponsored Links
Thanks to you both, my cockatiels will are very grateful that they won't perish on those cold winter nights! :D

Now you've explained it, it makes perfect sense.

The supply is via an IP55 socket provided by a sparky who knew what he was doing so is fused and via an RCB etc

Cheers again guys

Lee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back