Need advice with replacing old electrical terminal

I think these cables, if 1 milli or 1.5 could well be for the CH.

A basic connection to a back boiler would need one cable as supply and the other as switch wires to the pump and 3 port valve, which is what appears net to the fireplace. As suggested the other end of these wires could well be terminated in a wiring centre or programmer.

Think you will just have to bite the bullet and trace these cables either physically or with a tester.

EDIT: Late again!!

Sponsored Links
Yeah that carpet might have to come up :(

And how did you measure the current and what value did you get?

I didn't measure the current as I only have the screwdriver tool and don't have access to any measuring tools at the time. I'm not relying on this as an accurate tool but it shows me if the wire is live or not. It pretty much showed up as live (lightning symbol) after disconnecting the two grey wires coming out the room which I thought were part of the living room JB wires. I get the feeling if I disconnect the white wires next to them that the JB wire in the living room wont show as live anymore. Must be all connected to that.

Guys back there I mentioned I took out cut off wires out of the hallway junction box. I then had to put all the wires back in that got disconnected for testing. If I post a picture tonight would you be able to tell me if the setup looks safe? ie. nothing will catch fire in future? I reconnected everything as it was originally but just want to double check as you all know your stuff. cheers

Sponsored Links
I didn't measure the current
but if I recall you said you had measured current?

I only have the screwdriver tool
Which are unreliable and do not identify current. Which you have been made aware of but still continue?
and don't have access to any measuring tools at the time.
So really should not be messing with stuff like this, you have no skill set or equipment to undertake this type of work safely.

It is in your best interest that you employ someone who does.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back