why is there no earth terminal ashley j803

oh I use those as well! lol

for downlighters.. loop in and loop out with the radial, then flex out to the downlighter.

only reason I use the bigger brother J804 is for its maintenance free properties.

then I use the downlighter junction box, J501 for the downlighter itself as its small enough to be pulled through the same hole as the downlighter for inspection purposes.

Sponsored Links
Ah - good old fashioned screws.

I've used them - the only thing I'd say is that the lid can be a pain in some orientations or tight spaces given how it hinges - looks like the same might apply to the J803/J804.

Ah - good old fashioned screws. I've used them - the only thing I'd say is that the lid can be a pain in some orientations or tight spaces given how it hinges - looks like the same might apply to the J803/J804.
Yes, they have the same 'double-cranked' hinges as the J501 - I suspect because they feel that it makes life easier!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I'd rather have a cover which comes right off.
Yes, me too. They actually do come right off if one pulls hard (and carefully) enough in the right direction, but it's a devil of a job to get it back on if one is working in limited space, hence defeating the object!

Kind Regards, John

I'd rather have a cover which comes right off.
Yes, me too. They actually do come right off if one pulls hard (and carefully) enough in the right direction, but it's a devil of a job to get it back on if one is working in limited space, hence defeating the object!

Kind Regards, John

it can be annoying if its screwed to the side of the joist.. cover keeps falling down lol unless removed completely of course.

1 solution I found was to stick the lid open with blu-tack while I work on it.

it can be annoying if its screwed to the side of the joist.. cover keeps falling down lol unless removed completely of course. 1 solution I found was to stick the lid open with blu-tack while I work on it.
Why not mount it up the other way, so you could use gravity, rather than Blu-tack?

Kind Regards, John

it can be annoying if its screwed to the side of the joist.. cover keeps falling down lol unless removed completely of course. 1 solution I found was to stick the lid open with blu-tack while I work on it.
Why not mount it up the other way, so you could use gravity, rather than Blu-tack?

Kind Regards, John

cant remember my reasoning now, think it was because the text on it would be wrong way up if i did that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back