Need an Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got my house refurbished couple of months ago and I completely ignored the need of having a wired alarm fitted at that time.
My inlaws got burgled last weekend and now me and mrs are kinda paranoid and want an alarm fitted in ASAP.
I don't want any damage to walls/ceilings etc.. because we've just had all walls skimmed and painted so I'm looking for a decent wireless alarm.
What would you experts recommend?
Its a 3 bedroom semi-detached house.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I'm not a wireless fan , but the Infinite Prime kit looks ok, it will phone you as well.
If you fit one , come back next year and let us know how you got on.

Sponsored Links
490x is a fantanstic panel ^^^. fitted loads never had any problems. yale to me screams out B&Q.

Ok, I've purchased the Yale Premium from Homebase, they've got it at reduced price for just £149 if anyone's interested.
Apart from what's in the manual would you experts give me any other advise or those who've been through the pain of fitting one? :D

It's easy, before fitting any sensors do a test fitting with the walk test facility.

would you experts give me any other advise or those who've been through the pain of fitting one? :D

11_29_72---Wheelie-Bin_web.jpg

i'm not getting into an argument with the resident alarm people on here.

I'm sorry to read that after you asked, "What would you experts recommend?" in your first post.

People are always visiting here asking a question, getting an answer, but not the one they want to read and then taking ubmrage at the answer from, your words again, "you experts".

Why ask if you can't accept the replies?

As an aside, if your insurance company ever becomes involved in your need for an alarm system, you'll have to start all over again because what you are doing will not be approved by them.

I'm sorry to read that after you asked, "What would you experts recommend?" in your first post.

People are always visiting here asking a question, getting an answer, but not the one they want to read and then taking ubmrage at the answer from, your words again, "you experts".

As an aside, if your insurance company ever becomes involved in your need for an alarm system, you'll have to start all over again because what you are doing will not be approved by them.

Mr. Expert, I said it clearly in my first post that I was after a wireless alarm! This is the best I could find within my budget, the flexibility of me adding more sensors etc.. afterwards makes it even more appealing. If Yale was as crap as some of the people on this forum make it to be then trust me it would had been long gone.
Only time would tell if my choice is right or wrong.
As for getting opinions on the forums, we all like to get opinions about something but we should always do what we think is right for us!

The savings from an approved alarm would be no different to a car that is fitted with a CAT1 alarm, ie, bugger all. & go out & forget to set that approved alarm & you have just handed the insurance company an excuse NOT to pay out at all should something happen.

Sorry to hear that your in laws got burgled last week. Please don't panic and rush into buying an alarm system. Ask your insurance company about recommending a certain alarm. But also ask them about your monthly premiums. You will see that there is hardly any difference between having an alarm system or not. Some insurers charge everybody the same premiums and you have to ask yourself why they do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back