Need help choosing a boiler...please !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi "experts" :D
I need your guidance on choosing the right combi boiler.

I have a 3 bed-semi, bath, electric power shower & toilet upstairs and am installing a steam shower and WC downstairs (will be closer to the boiler). Also will have 10 radiators in total.

I have been recommended Vaillant 837 and with the flue I can get this for approx £986 + VAT.

Really want a quality boiler that is reliable and one where I don't lose too much pressure so need help on :
1. Is this the right boiler for me (any other suggestions)
2. Is this price right

Thx in advance for your help !!

V

Sponsored Links
The Vaillant boiler is a well made piece of kit, we have the 937 and it's been excellent so far.

As for the pricing I don't think many installers will be willing to let you supply the boiler.

Thanks David - so the Vaillant 937 instead of the 837 is a better option...what is the difference?

Also, my installer doesn't mind me shopping for the boiler...he's an old friend and owes me a big favour !!

firstly measure your cold water flow rate from your kitchen tap.

time how long it takes to fill a known volume(10l bucket) and work out litres per minute. If you haven't got 20l/min or close your gonna be wasting your money on a 37kw combi

Sponsored Links
Your first line of action should be to find a quality installer, seen plenty good boilers ruined by shoddy work.

Thanks David - so the Vaillant 937 instead of the 837 is a better option...what is the difference?

Also, my installer doesn't mind me shopping for the boiler...he's an old friend and owes me a big favour !!

The 937 has a better flow rate but I recommend you do what mickyg has told you first.

The 937 is very expensive and flow rate is not staling for the price. It is also very big. Remeha are selling very well, the have just bought out Baxi, and their stuff is the equivalent as Vailant but cheaper and a far better control system. Vaillant are overpriced for what they are.

Get the Avantaplus 39C combi. It has weather compensation and get the outside sensor. It can take a normal room stat as well. You will be very pleased all around.

I see you couldn't work out how to delete profile comments George :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Old people and technology eh.. :rolleyes:

The 937 is very expensive and flow rate is not staling for the price. It is also very big. Remeha are selling very well, the have just bought out Baxi, and their stuff is the equivalent as Vailant but cheaper and a far better control system. Vaillant are overpriced for what they are.

Get the Avantaplus 39C combi. It has weather compensation and get the outside sensor. It can take a normal room stat as well. You will be very pleased all around.

Will the real DrDrivel please stand up. . . .

:LOL: :LOL:

Textbook bigbullshit.

I think he is on tip toe DM.

The new mods aren't used to his postings like we are.

Mods, talk to admin to get yourself up to speed ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back