Please Help ,Need to Upgrade to a combi boiler

As far of my best knowledge so far the calculator shows that the output needed is around 8kW and as you said when I deduct the 2kW for combi boiler ended up with 6kW.

Either check your calculations or forget the reference source your using............6KW (20,470 btu) for a 2 up 2 down is nowhere near enough heat load...........be freezing your cods off come cold weather...............@ least 10 KW heat load.................mears calculator would argue the point. ;)

Sponsored Links
As far of my best knowledge so far the calculator shows that the output needed is around 8kW and as you said when I deduct the 2kW for combi boiler ended up with 6kW.

Forget it, you don't do heatloss calculations for a combi unless you have a mansion.
You don't do heatloss calcs for an existing system boiler either, unless you are willing to spend money just to match the theory, or you have rooms that are never warm enough even after the system was cleaned.

I agree with 'Agile' about £2200 for conversion. Additional for rads.

So this is for 28mm gas line (just fitted a 831 with 5m of 28mm for gas line as 22 was past the limit with bends on line), power flush/ chemical cleansing, rad valves replacing, recovering the fixtures in the loft to make it dry, fitting room thermostat etc and boiler is an Ecotec 837. Can see it will be quality instal using plastic plumbing.

I agree with 'Agile' about £2200 for conversion. Additional for rads.

So this is for 28mm gas line (just fitted a 831 with 5m of 28mm for gas line as 22 was past the limit with bends on line), power flush/ chemical cleansing, rad valves replacing, recovering the fixtures in the loft to make it dry, fitting room thermostat etc and boiler is an Ecotec 837. Can see it will be quality instal using plastic plumbing.

£3500 would get a decent job done , maybe get a chimp to do it for £2200...........................just fitted a ecotec 630 , 8 rads , 28mm gas supply , 260 litre unistor , 32 poly main into property....................£11.500 , that's a proper job with all GOOD quality gear , pick the bones outta that. :p

Sponsored Links
Oh , nearly forgot............straight combi swap next week , pull a Halstead gold out & install an 831 ecotec , £2600.. :p.....plume kit EXTRA .....Gas extra. :p ...............prices reflect what we have to do , simples.

The Viessmann has a better heat exchanger than the Vaillant and usually a longer warrantee.

The Intergas is about the smallest case size of all the boilers on the market and the CH waterways a larger diameter than other boilers. The DHW routing is raher smaller and needs anti scaling devices to prevent problems.

Tony Glazier

Thank You guys for all advices and suggestions. After long research and taking in place all the advices I ended up for Broag-Remeha 28 or 35C.
It seems that they have very good feedback for reliability and they are output specs are one of the best on the market all starting from 6kW to 35kW output max.
The only challenge now is who will fit it as the look of it no many work with them ones.

The only challenge now is who will fit it as the look of it no many work with them ones.
Broag Remeha may be able to help there - though they seem reluctant.

Phone them (0844 8711 544) and ask for the names of stockists in your area. (They don't seem to keep lists of installers, or those who have been on their courses!!!). You then have to speak to the stockists and ask for the names of plumbers who have obtained Remeha Boilers. You need to find out how many boilers the plumber has installed to get an idea of how experienced they are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back