Need help fitting new toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a new close coupled toilet from Q&B to fit in one of our run down houses. I have a couple queries before I get stuck in:

1. With this type of toilet do you wall tile before or after fitting the toilet?

2. What I'm mainly confused about is the soil pipe connection. I just removed an old toilet and the soil pipe that sticks out the wall looks like this:

The reducer on the end (if that's what it is) measures approx 135mm, the main soil pipe measures approx 115mm. I tried pulling off the reducer but couldn't.

The toilet is like this:

The soil connection on the back is a approx 75mm. Now just what do I need to get to fit the toilet to our soil pipe? Obviously I will need to cut the soil pipe back because this new toilet sits closer to the wall but once that's done is this what I need?

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/12145/Plumbing/Macerators-Connectors/WC-Pan-Connector-Offset

Any advice appreciated. My plumbing skills are intermediate. I've done our kitchen, gas and radiators but this is the first time in a bathroom.

Sponsored Links
Tiles first, it look good. ;)

The reducer would be glue to it, cut it off and use the pan connector. That it.

Dan :)

Any advice appreciated. My plumbing skills are intermediate. I've done our kitchen, gas and radiators but this is the first time in a bathroom.

surprised-013.GIF

ohh wait for it

surprised-004.gif

thats the kind of thing you want you'll end up having to cut off old connector you can buy various types of multi quick fittings. that will re connect you back to original soil without to much trouble.

tile first then fit toilet

guess you bought the sheds toilet to go set.

Sponsored Links
Yes, try it. The offset is good, give you room for pan to connect in. Do a dry fit first so you know where to cut the soil pipe.;)

Dan

You need a pan connector for a HO pan where ever you buy it, if the one in the picture has large rubber part it's not correct it should have small rubber seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back