need help on floor and existing wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'd be immensely grateful if someone could help me as my builder is having trouble understanding English.

I've submitted plans for a side extension to the house, but in my plans the architect put the new extension wall as a typical brick-insulation-block wall. This is not what I had requested but ive decided that i'll no longer argue the point with him as he is a friend of the family.

I explained this to the The Inspector who was the kindest person on the planet allowed me to continue with the wall and recommended that I insulate the existing wall from the inside as it is a 9 inch wall and build upwards..

I'm now looking to get to the DPC stage. I've been told by the inspector that I need to use something called "hardcore" then sand and then ontop of that a DPM which will go alongside the inside of the 9inch wall till the top. Is this correct? He said that i should use not put down any concrete as he will need to see this inspected.

The 9inch wall in question is the one where the spade is. Ignore the blocks, the builder has place these there by mistake.

How do i get this ready for DPC inspection?

21j2j43.jpg

Sponsored Links
You could probably start by employing someone who does understand English.

Then you could ask your Architect why he has not put the specific details (like how to build a floor) on the drawings, and left it to your Building Inspector to tell you that you need "hardcore" under the floor

Surely you have a drawing which you can follow?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back