Need help with Nest wiring to boiler and underfloor vent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

Hoping to get some help here.

I just got a nest 3 to replace my existing system.

My boiler is Ferroli DOMIcompact F30B and a Danfoss thermonstat. I also have underfloor heating vents and fans controlled by a set of separate thermostat and control. Its a Danfoss clock thermostat connected to a Jaga Room Controller on DC to switch the fans on/off.

The idea is - when CH is on, the fan in the vent is on too. However it is controlled by a separate set of thermostat and I had to program both the boiler and fan thermostats to go on at the same time. It was annoying as most of the time they switch on/off at different times since they are operating on their own set of thermostats and temperature.

So yesterday I got the Nest 3 and hoped to link up both the boiler and fans to work together. I got the boiler danfoss thermostat replaced no problem. Nest is able to control CH via opentherm. But I couldnt figure out how to wire the fan controller to the heat link so that when CH is on, the fans in the vent are on too.

I am now running a L/N to the heatlink from a socket.
Connected the heatlink to boiler via the OT1 and OT2. Boiler/CH working great with Nest.
I have attempted to wire 2 & 3 from the heat link to the Jaga control but no joy. Not sure how.

Any idea to connect the fan control to the heat link too? Its a DC system.

Pictures attached.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Attachments

• IMG_2871.JPG
    IMG_2871.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 773
  • IMG_2872.JPG
    IMG_2872.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_2874.JPG
    IMG_2874.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_2875.JPG
    IMG_2875.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 486
  • IMG_2876.JPG
    IMG_2876.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 536
Sponsored Links
I have only ever seen a system like yours once and I'm not 100% sure it was a Jaga. Anyway, The controller will likely have the facility for remote control somewhere using a potential free contact. If so, if you use a relay, and connect the relay coil to the Hive 'Neutral' and 'Heating on' terminals, then you could use the relay's potential free contact as a remote control.

Alternatively, depending on how the system is configured to work, you might be able to use a relay with multiple contacts to switch the 24 v signals from the thermostat to control the heating and the vent.

Last edited:
Hi AaronTTQ,

Did you end up finding a solution to your problem?
I have the exact same configuration (so much so we probably live in the same development), and was planning on making the following connections in addition to OpenTherm:
Jaga #5 to Heat Link #2
Jaga #2 to Heat Link #3

What I’m worried about though is that the Heat Link might not trigger the relay between 2 and 3 when operating with an OpenTherm boiler. Would you be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back