Need help

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
yw56qe2xj
scblbj3o7

I have an old light switch with 4 red wires. I want to wire up a new sensor switch. By looking at these photos where do I put my old red wires in the new switch. I don't know what is live etc. etc because of all red wires.
Any help would be great

Right way up
20160420_142640.jpg
Old

Upside down

20160420_142640.jpg
OLD

I am lost here

9782949_AA696565693_CC8396_C7_D67383_CDCDDA6643_CE43_D2.jpg
9782949_AA696565693_CC8396_C7_D67383_CDCDDA6643_CE43_D2.jpg
[/url][/IMG] NEW

EA82_B65695969_A56_C68_C8396_C7_D65373_C6_CFB713_CA4323_D2.jpg
NEW

Thanks

Sponsored Links
That is an intermediate switch. The wires are all line(live).
You must have (or have had) two other switches which operate the light.

You will not be able to fit the sensor in place of this switch.

Your diagrams are wrong too, not that it matters as EFLI says - you don't have a neutral so it won't work anyway.
I wouldn't trust something that I can't understand with Chinese writing on like that to be safe to connect to a UK/Irish electrical supply.

Thanks for the reply's
switch3.jpg
, I am not a spark so please be gentle. My landing has 2 switches, here is the second. Would it be possible to wire the sensor to this switch? and if so, which of these wire are, live, earth & netural.

again thanks folks.

Sponsored Links
I am lost here
So was the person who drew the diagram. This is a bit better,

china syndrome.jpg

But if the device design and build have similar quality control to the quality of the instructions then the safest thing to do is put the device into the waste bin.

aidy999 just to explain. Quite often, neutral wires (null line in your instructions) are not found behind the switch, only at the light bulb.
Edit: What is the purpose of this new sensor switch?

Forget it, it isn't going to work without wiring work.
Even after that, the device it isn't built to a standard any reputable electrician in the UK / Eire would trust so they would not touch it with a barge pole.

Any chance of a link to this sensor switch? I don't think I have ever heard neutral being referred to as 'null line'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back