need new controllers for Y plan system compatible with combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting a new heating system next year. Combi boiler. As funds allow.

However, for now, I am stuck with an old Y plan (nothing wrong with this I know, but it doesnt suit my needs).

All the controls (including thermostat) are in the back bedroom with the cylinder. There is an old honeywell timer with 3 sliders, which has no battery backup (it might have 20 years ago, but it dont now!), so I havent bothered to set the time and programs again (after doing it 3 times!) I just turn it on and off as required.

So I want to bring the controls into the living room, and have a new timer and t'stat.

Are there any all-in-one wireless controls that can hold seperate settings for heating and hot water, as well as a stat for the heating?

If not, I could go wired, just the route is a little tricky. However, whatever I get, needs to be compatible with a modern combi boiler if possible (I assume most have a pair of contacts for an external control). If wired, I'll leave enough slack on the cables to re-route to the new boiler (where a gas safe engineer will reconnect it all).

And I want something that looks modern and sleek to match my living room ;)

Sponsored Links
wireless arn`t that goodas u can lose siginal in some houses between the boiler and and stat if their is too much metal in way y plans are good
as if you boiler brakes down u still have hot water via electrical immersion heater

That programmer isn't wireless, only the room/cyl stats are ;)

I'd probably say struggle to get a cable in, then you can connect up whatever you like and your not restricted by wireless, I always see wireless as a last resort.

Sponsored Links
There is an old honeywell timer with 3 sliders, which has no battery backup (it might have 20 years ago, but it dont now!), so I havent bothered to set the time and programs again (after doing it 3 times!) I just turn it on and off as required.
When you get your combi, you won't need a control which does HW and CH, just one which does CH.

I suggest you keep your old control to do the HW only . (I know it means turning it on/off manually!) and install a Honeywell CM927 wireless 7-day thermostat just to do the heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back