Need quick Advice on Tiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

I'm having some work done by a chap, who just tiled my Son Kitchen on an insurance quote and it a very good job he done, so I decided that I like to get some work done. I purchased the Porcelain Floor Tiles 14 packs 600mm x 300mm so that should cover 14m2 kitchen floor and then a bathroom wall in glass mosaic tiles 3m2. I been quoted to remove existing and fit new plaster board and tiles in bathroom and then fit kitchen tiles, screen it level and all fix materials £800 cash does this seem about fair, I'm happy to pay this and have said yes but when I speak to people they all say it a little top priced. We having the work done whilst on holiday so the tiler got the run of the house and has confirmed they will move all furniture and put it all back plus clean up after. were based in north west Lancashire so I just wanted to check that it a good price, seems fair to me. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you unsure about price get some more quotes in. You are happy with his work, you trust him to be in your house, he is prepared to move furniture about. In my opinion, not too far off what would be expected price wise.

dont know the man but have met him and seem a good all round chap, the work that I seen is very good, and he mostly does work for the insurance company and my view has always been if they employ you then you must be doing the job right. I sorry to say I dont know many Tilers and have never been one for shopping round, I always relied on "word of mouth" I happy to see you quote "not to far off the price" that make me feel happier, I'm not to good on what people charge in the building trade, I work in the IT Server sector and charge out at £300.00 per day so I felt that maybe he was a little high. Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the job gets done to your satisfaction then it was worth every penny, the guy obviously knows how to tile and you have seen his work so what more could you ask for, I have no trouble paying good tradesmen and would rather spend more knowing I'm getting the job done correctly. If you have the dogs owners second cousins brothers neighbour to do it for £400 you're not going to have much recourse when the job gets bodged, but paying a professional a higher price comes with a few perks. having a job done right takes a little longer to do, probably has more materials and definitely more skill, all of these things come at a cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back