Need replacement handles for new front and back UPVC doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After finding Consumer Direct a complete waste of time, I've decided to replace my scratched door handles myself.
The handle seems to be attached with some sort of Allen key.
Can I just take it off and replace it (holding the handle on the other side still) or is fitting a handle a skilled job?
I've been told the manufacturer is Rayhal (don't know how you spell it) does anyone know the proper spelling?

It seems to me a lot of the reason rogue/cowboy traders exist is the Trading standard is completley toothless at controlling them.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Straight forward job - just make sure you get the correct centres (distance between spindle and Cylinder), and also chck the securing screw positions in relation to your existing ones. Whoever you buy these from should ask the correct questions to ensure you get the right fit.

To remove your current ones, unscrew the handle backplate, then remove the grub screw that holds the handle onto the spindle.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back