Need some kind of stair nosing/ L Shaped moulding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Looking for a bit of advice as really struggling to find the right item to finish off my flooring.

Basically I have laminated my breakfast room which has a single step down to the kitchen (which is tiled).

The original step which was just inline with the floorboards has a kind of bull nose bit to it.

Currently I have laminated to neart he edge of the step and was hoping to get some kind of L shaped piece to just sit over the step edge and cover the edge of the laminate (which was going to sand the hard edge at the laminate meeting side off)

But I just don't seem to be able to find a suitable L shaped part - I think Ideally it would be about 1" by 2" on the L and 1m wide. I've seen pine ones but I reckon they are just going to split with any kind of weight so I really need a hardwood one.

Any body seen the jobby for this? Or know somewhere that might make them at a reasonable price (local timber guy quoted me £50 as it was going to come in a 3m piece), pref London or just outside of London or Milton Keynes way?

Or does anyone else have any other suggestions for mouldings that might work?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back