Need to buy a new Washer/Dryer, recommendations please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a Hotpoint for over 17 years with no problems, but now I think the bearings are going,

Was thinking about buying a new Hotpoint, but there's so many bad reviews on the net regarding Hotpoint, I'm not so sure :confused:

As the reliability of this company gone down the tubes so much :?:

Sponsored Links
I had to buy one myself recently so know where to look.

The shopping comparison sites are nice when you're looking for the cheapest price if you're buying on line:

Shopping.com
Kelkoo washing machines list

This list is for more "green" washing machines apparently, although I wonder how green making a washing machine is in the long run.
Green Washing Machines?

The best recommendation I got from Washing Machine engineer forums was for the ISE Washing Machine

They generally agreed that the Hotpoint and Hoover washing machines were of bad quality.

If you want more help in deciding here and here have knowledgeable guys who seem to know what they are talking of.

you could also walk into your local library and read the "Which?" reports which say a lot more than you will get here.

The John Lewis JLWD1408 at £499 and the Miele WT2670 at £1000 and the AEG-Electrolux L16830 at £470 were the Best Buys.

Presumably you are aware that Washer/driers are work less well and are less reliable than separate machines.

Dave Rowtree said:
I had to buy one myself recently

The best recommendation I got from Washing Machine engineer forums was for the ISE Washing Machine

They generally agreed that the Hotpoint and Hoover washing machines were of bad quality.

Thanks for the info guys.
If ISE built a W/D, I'd defiantly buy one, but it's gonna have to be a W/D because space is limited and I've nowhere to dry the washing :(

As I said the Hotpiont W/D as been great for the last 17 years but it seems that the reliability as suffered in recent years

Dave Rowtree said:
If you want more help in deciding here and here have knowledgeable guys who seem to know what they are talking of.

tried to use the UK whitegoods website but can't post a message :confused:

Sponsored Links
Dave Rowtree said:
tried to use the UK whitegoods website but can't post a message

Sorry about that, he's just closed the forums for some reason.

Thought it was my PC on the blink

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back