Need to hire a automatic Stair Climber or something similar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have recently purchased a paper guillotine which weighs approx 300kg

Now there isnt much of an issue lifting it as 4 guys can pick it up quite easily however I need to get it up onto the first floor of my premises and in order to do so you have put it on its side.

Thsi is where the problem occurs. Once you put it on its side it becomes ever so difficult to lift since most of the weight is on one side and its hard to grip. We attempted to get it up the stairs but to no avail. When we tried resting it on each step it would damage the step. We then tried using a plank but the bugger would hardly move up to start with and when it did move it would slide back down.

Now I have been looking around and realised there are these automatic stair climbers which look like standard sack barrows but with some mechanics involved.

HSS Tool hire and Speedy Hire offer them for hire but they are well expensive. Speedy is the cheaper out of the two and even that is 125 pounds a pop and i would only need it for 5 minutes.

Likewise guys, any of you know of a cheaper alternative or a cheaper tool hire company that offer this stair climber for hire at a better price?

Your help would be much appreciated guys

thanks

p.s. anywhere in west yorks would be great

Sponsored Links
just an idea.phone up your local removal company and ask them if they have what your after,or whether they could do it for you??

good idea, i have actually thought of this to be honest but was wondering if anyone would play ball

turn it on its side place some 4 x2 along its length on either side and ratchet strap them to it. They will act as handles you can lift. Its what we do for large peieces of akward shaped stone when we have to get them up steps in a garden. same sort of principal as the sedan chair!

Sponsored Links
thermo, i was thinking of this too but the problem is that there is very little base of the guillotine to sit on two pieces of timber meaning that although it is large and heavy when upright, on its side it is very narrow likewise you could only really strap one piece of timber to it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back