Need to move a motion sensor by a few inches to make way for plaster coving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved in to my current home and intend to fit plaster coving in one of the rooms. Unfortunately, a motion sensor is fitted in the corner where the coving needs to go. If I can cut through the screw that holds the sensor to the wall, without opening the unit up, will this set off a tamper alarm? The alarm system is a wired Veritas 8 Compact and the motion sensor looks like a standard unit.

I intend to move the sensor a couple of inches as there appears to be enough free wire to allow me to do this.

I have no experience with alarm systems and would appreciate any advice.

Sponsored Links
if you have the engineers code default is 1234, whilst in engineers mode you can open the device and remove the sensors holding screw properly.

Cutting through the screw whilst fixed to the unit is not a good idea.

Unfortunately I do not have the engineers code and no documents to tell me who installed the system. I just thought that if I did not open the device and simply cut through the screw holding the casing to the wall I could then relocate it a few inches away to avoid the coving.

Then you will have a loose screw head inside the pir case that may short out the device and could possibly blow the fuse in the control panel !
Do you have a user code ?

Sponsored Links
Ok. I see what you mean. By user code, do you mean the code to set the alarm?

I would try 1234 prog often not changed to see if its available for you as thats the best option.

The user code could be used as long as the engineer hasn't programmed certain things for an engineers reset.(rare)

I would try 1234 prog often not changed to see if its available for you as thats the best option.

The user code could be used as long as the engineer hasn't programmed certain things for an engineers reset.(rare)

unless it’s a HOMEGUARD ....system ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back