NEFF BUILT UNDER OVEN THROWING TRIP SWITCH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! We inherited a neff built under double oven when we moved into our house 5 years ago. Since that time I have had 2 heating elements replaced in the main fan oven, as each 2 years they stopped working, and now on my 3rd. The 3rd is still working, but when I attempt to use the main oven it heats up and throws the trip switch, turning everything off!!! The last two times this happened the heating elements actually were broken, but this one still appears okay. The top oven is fine, always has been.
I have today taken heating element out of bottom oven to check for loose connections taken it out and re-installed (what a sod of a job that was,) ensured all is okay, and then put back together. However, same old, same old, oven heats up, throws the trip.
Any ideas on why, could it be a loose connection, if so where, as I say top oven/grill totally fine ever a problem.
All ideas/thoughts gratefully received.
Tina.

Sponsored Links
Although the element looks ok,this is still the most likely cause.Only genuine Neff elements should be used.

As above, You probably need another element.

Model number would help.

What trips out? A circuit breaker or an RCD (thing with a test button)

Is the fan working as it should?

I probably can't help but I can sympathise as I have a kitchen full of Neff gear (oven, hob, dishwasher.)

I'm still waiting for mine to need fixed.

Sponsored Links
It is a genuine NEFF element, I bought it myself, so am satisfied it was genuine article. Can't comment on the other 2 the cookers gone through though, they were supplied by the repairers I got in to mend it.

I think it is cooker model U1721NOGB/02, that is what is on the plate by the oven door.

It is tripping the whole house electrics, so everything goes off. This is what has always happened each time, but as I say this time the element is still heating up, etc, etc. The previous occasions it has completely gone.

Can anyone answer why this would keep happening? In five years this is the 3rd element, is there therefore an underlying cause for it? This is the first in built cooker i've owned so don't know if this is usual or not????

The element that fits that oven is of the half circle variety,which at the moment is the most unreliable out there.Its not unusual for them to only last 18 mths.-2yrs.

apparently this is a common problem i've found out with these cookers, great, i'd have insisted they took it with them when they moved out, and got a new one when I had the cash to do so!!

anyone else who has this issue, i've ascertained that this only happens when you whack the oven up to higher temperatures, i.e. 200 and over, i've tried it at 150, and 180 yesterday and it works okay with no tripping (touching a wooden table as I type.) 180 is good, means i can still cook a roast in it and next month yet again, will buy a new element and fit it and then am sure will perform the same trick in 12 months time!!!!

thanks for advice, I love these forums they help me with everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back