Neff Coffee machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long shot I know but my beloved Neff Coffee machine has just died and I would rather try and fix it myself instead of paying a huge fee to Neff. If anyone has experience with these or this issue it would be great to hear from someone:

Model: C77V60N0GB
Issue: Not passing water or completing a cycle. Goes through its initial grind noise at start-up but then the next process is much quieter than normal takes longer than it has before and no water drips out the nozzle (guess this is a clear cycle). Once this is complete I try and make a coffee and it runs a quiter cycle for longer than normal and then stops saying "please take your drink".

I've taken the machine apart, cleaned a few hoses and feel quite confident I could change most parts. My gut says the pump is the issue, perhaps it is blocked or not as efficient as normal. The sounds makes me think the pump is trying but lacking some kick. Would swapping the pump solve my issue? I have tried running a few cleaning cycles through it but as no water passes it's futile. I did however run a full descaling cycle only a couple of weeks back to great effect.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
couple of weeks back did a full 'calc'n'clean / descaling' process. Tend to do it when I notice froth is dropping or things not running 100%. Usually take the brewing unit out at the same time and give that a thorough clean. Both these tend to be more frequent than the manual says but maybe not regularly enough?

When this new issue presented itself yesterday I tried running a full descaler cycle but due to no water being taken in (from what I can see) and the lower noise from what I assume is the pump I figured it might be beyond cleaning.

Yesterday afternoon I took the machine out, removed the covers, sides and back to get a good look. Whilst there I removed some pipes and cleaned then, reassembled and tried again but obviously this didn't do anything.

As the sound of the machine seems quieter and no water appears to be drawn in I assumed the pump was perhaps clogged or struggling due to age. I've ordered a replacement as it looks like it's not too bad to change and worth trying for £40 but it's a guess. Beyond this I have no clue what else it could be or what I should do. I assume if the motor had an issue or was burnt out it would just stop but the pump perhaps is something that can drop in performance if it starts to wear or get clogged?

Sounds as though you've done all you can, so let us know how you get on.

Sponsored Links
yeah, just not sure if the symptoms point towards pump as have no experience with with – It's just my guess... I feel if the motor went that would just burn out and smell, not slow down but if a pump started failing of was getting blocked/restricted would it's slow down and exhibit these symptoms?

Aren't the pump and the motor both one unit. Blocked and restricted pipe/pump is more reasonable, but you're the one with the bits on the tanle in front of you.

Can you wire the motor straight into the mains to test it.

so new pump installed, water is coming through again now without a problem but it's cold and it wont heat up water... Very weird and strange. I can get a new heating unit but isn't it weird if both things have gone at the same time?

I would have thought that testing the continuity of the heater element with a multimeter should be easy enough before buying a new heating unit.

bolst3r...did you ever solve the heater not working after changing the pump?...I have just changed the pump on my machine(as no water flow) and there is water flow but now no hot water...seems like the same thing you found?

bolst3r...did you ever solve the heater not working after changing the pump?...I have just changed the pump on my machine(as no water flow) and there is water flow but now no hot water...seems like the same thing you found?
Yeah, I tested the resistance across the heater and was sure it was shot. Was quite cheap for a replacement so seemed to make sense changing it.

originally I had noise but no water. New pump sorted that so it made sense that the cold water was down to the heater. Seem to remember it being a little more fiddly than the pump but it was still very easy to replace.

since this I’ve had a few other errors, once it needed neff as a pcb had gone but most of the time I’m able to get it going again myself.

it’s now nearly 13 years old which is pretty good for one of these.

bolst3r...thanks for your response and advice. As you suggested changing the heater fixed the machine...guess the failed pump caused the heater to "overheat" and fail at the same time. So all sorted now...10500 cups so far - machine 12 years old. Replacements so far: Grinding unit (now on 3rd - original, replacement one under warranty (new design) and another about a year ago); Coffee "dual spout" mechanism (this gets blocked or splits) - now on 3rd - original, replacement one under warranty (blocked), and another about a year ago - split[also changed pipe leading to spout]; pump (2 off - original and one now at 12 years): heater (2 off - original and one now at 12 years). Unit model is C77V60N0GB/02. Finding anything on the web on these machines is pretty difficult - so thanks again.

I would have thought that testing the continuity of the heater element with a multimeter should be easy enough before buying a new heating unit.

Could just as easily be the cheap to replace thermostat which has failed.

I prefer the less fussy from the cheapy jug plus filter coffee makers. When I buy, I buy two at a time, ten to fifteen quid each - then when one fails, it can be cannibalised for potential spares for the new one.

Could just as easily be the cheap to replace thermostat which has failed.

I prefer the less fussy from the cheapy jug plus filter coffee makers. When I buy, I buy two at a time, ten to fifteen quid each - then when one fails, it can be cannibalised for potential spares for the new one.

yup, makes sense but for those who have integrated machines you are either left with a gaping hole or a big piece of metal junk. I've personally been able to keep mine going for around 12 years... Just a shame there is nothing on the internet about them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back