Neff dishwasher - dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Loaded the dishwasher up and put it on - all seemed to be OK.

It was hours later that I went to get the dishes out and discovered water in the bottom of it and it's completely dead - no power to the control panel. I've done the obvious and checked the fuse in the plug and the breakers but all is OK there.

Is there anything obvious I should be looking at before I get the repair man out?

Sponsored Links
You've done the basics , so unless you're happy breaking out the multi meter and doing some fault finding its the repair man im afraid.

Looks like you will have to do the dishes the old fashioned way for a while!

Repair man coming out on Saturday. I actually had to wash dishes for the first time in 12 years!!!!

Don't Neff dishwashers have a lead that is similar to a kettle lead? What I mean by that is it is not hard wired but plugged in to the rear of the dish washer itself. It's not been tugged out has it?

Sponsored Links
Don't Neff dishwashers have a lead that is similar to a kettle lead? What I mean by that is it is not hard wired but plugged in to the rear of the dish washer itself. It's not been tugged out has it?

Ooh I don't know. It's integrated so it's never been moved (dread to think of the dust under it). It had started when I switched it on, but obviously died before the cycle had completed

Thinking about it - would I be better replacing the module on my near 12 year old Neff dishwasher or buy a new one?

The repair man said that something had to cause the module to blow - and I could replace the module and it blow again - is that likely?

The age of the module could of caused it to blow

For me it comes down , price of parts and labour verses cost of new dishwasher

How much have you been quoted to replace the module?

The guy said off the top of his head, it could be anything between £170 and £250 - I had a look online though and the first one I saw was £165

I'd have to get a cheap one just now - I have had a nightmare with electical appliances the last couple of months - so he recommended a Beko, so that would be £260

What's your model number? you should be able to get one for around £100

Fitting it is straight forward

Aww fantastic thank you. What's the likelihood of the pump or motor having gone and that's caused the module to blow? Repair man has me paranoid now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back