Neff gas hob igniter firing at random

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a fairly old hob (~25years?) which generally works fine. A few weeks ago the sparky things started firing randomly but regularly. I isolated and stripped the control unit down and put a load of switch cleaner in the push button igniter and the problem was almost sorted ;) It now just does a quick click every ten minutes or so. I'm assuming the switch is duff, dirty or arcing but not sure - what would people suggest I do next. If it is the switch rather than the capacitors? then I guess I need to find a suitable replacement for it and get the soldering iron out. JUst need to make sure my wife never accidentally leaves the gas on :(
TIA, T

Sponsored Links
Probably just the switch. Disconnect the switch and insulate the wires - if the problem goes away, fit a new switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back