Neighbour boiler flu blowing gas in to my garden and window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
I’m new here but I’m having issues with neighbours new boiler blowing steam in to my garden. I can’t open my window or kitchen door at time because the steams coming straight inside.
What can I do?
I’ve attached a picture

Attachments

• IMG_7384.jpeg
    IMG_7384.jpeg
    299.8 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
As far as I know, in terraced houses, as long as the flue is 60cm from any window opening, there's nothing you can do.
I might be wrong, but that's what the council said to my neighbour when he found himself in your same situation.

Hi everyone,
I’m new here but I’m having issues with neighbours new boiler blowing steam in to my garden. I can’t open my window or kitchen door at time because the steams coming straight inside.
What can I do?
I’ve attached a picture
break trespass law, yo can complain, to them first. Plum kit is an obvious answer, if not complain to gas safe.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know, in terraced houses, as long as the flue is 60cm from any window opening, there's nothing you can do.
I might be wrong, but that's what the council said to my neighbour when he found himself in your same situation.
Usually 300mm away from a window if fan flued, but always consult with mi’s. Where it’s does possibly fall foul @Naz11111 is the property boundary, which should be 300mm again.

Edit: @Naz11111 - can you confirm if the photo taken is from your garden or your window? It seems there could be a different answer between myself and @adlplumbing, thank you.

Last edited:
worth mentioning
the regulations at time off installation are the only ones actually applicable legally
so you need the actual date off installation to know if its a possible legal route[avoid at all costs ] or a really really nice please type conversation

worth mentioning
the regulations at time off installation are the only ones actually applicable legally
so you need the actual date off installation to know if its a possible legal route[avoid at all costs ] or a really really nice please type conversation
gas regs are quite clear on this, it does not matter in this case.

It diverts the plume away from the flue exiting the wall,

Hi everyone,
What can I do?
I’ve attached a picture

Do you get on with your neighbours? If so mention that it is being a nuisance and can they have a plume kit fitted to abate it.
They might get their installer to say it's not needed but if it's preventing you using your window as you should be able to then it is causing a nuisance irrespective of the gas regs.

Do you get on with your neighbours? If so mention that it is being a nuisance and can they have a plume kit fitted to abate it.
They might get their installer to say it's not needed but if it's preventing you using your window as you should be able to then it is causing a nuisance irrespective of the gas regs.
As far as i read it, if he doesn't put one on, the boiler can be condemned.

I thought it was 2m from an opening window

Sponsored Links
Back