Neighbour consultation scheme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've tried going back about 4 pages and cant find an answer anywhere near to my issue.
I'm under Dudley MBC if there's anyone with specific experience?

I want to add a conservatory/oratory to the rear of my semi detached. The build will be next to a neighbours imposing 40m2 single extension (I'm trying to hide the sight of it to be fair). So there's no right of light issues.
I know conservatories are permitted but I wanted one about 4x4m, so need to do the consultation route.
My question I, when sumitting my plans do they have to be done by an architect or can I do them on the computer?
thanks for looking, beefy

Sponsored Links
Hi all, I've tried going back about 4 pages and cant find an answer anywhere near to my issue.
I'm under Dudley MBC if there's anyone with specific experience?

I want to add a conservatory/oratory to the rear of my semi detached. The build will be next to a neighbours imposing 40m2 single extension (I'm trying to hide the sight of it to be fair). So there's no right of light issues.
I know conservatories are permitted but I wanted one about 4x4m, so need to do the consultation route.
My question I, when sumitting my plans do they have to be done by an architect or can I do them on the computer?
thanks for looking, beefy

we got an architect to do ours, but when you look on your local council planning website you will find all sorts - from pencil and paper upwards.

Oratory? What, like Brompton? If you look online, you'll see that Local Authorities regularly accept unbelievably appalling scribbles. While I would advocate getting some proper drawings done - if you think you can do them as well, or better, than what's previously been submitted, then go for it.

Include key dims, a north arrow and a scale bar.

You see some drawings which are just rectangles and triangles

Sponsored Links
For this application type detailed drawings are not required. You can just submit a location plan (OS extract) and mark the outline of the proposed extension. You need to provide three measurements; the depth of the extension, maximum height and eaves height.

Thanks for the replies, I did submit an even more in depth question to the council (on their council site) explaining everything with measurements and asking if I could use computerised programs to draw it etc. The reply I had was directing me to read the link on their webpage...which I already had and it wasn't stipulated. Less than helpful :D

To add to Napoleon's post; don't forget to add that the materials will be similar to those of the existing house.
LPAs can reject any application which does not show that the proposal would comply with all the relevant parameters of Part A.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back