Neighbours objecting planning

Thank you so much for your reply. I emailed my architect this morning and no reply. If I don’t hear from him tomorrow I will look into it myself.

the proposed extension is the same as many on these streets including the other side of me with a pitched roof like the one I want. The neighbours objecting did try to sway me to have a flat roof like their extension’s. All i can think is envy

Sponsored Links
Thank you so much for your reply. I emailed my architect this morning and no reply. If I don’t hear from him tomorrow I will look into it myself.

the proposed extension is the same as many on these streets including the other side of me with a pitched roof like the one I want. The neighbours objecting did try to sway me to have a flat roof like their extension’s. All i can think is envy

The height to eves and overall pitch height is all done per council guidelines. The architect doesn’t normally have problems with the exact same design. It absolutely astonishes me that just because my neighbours don’t want me to build I can’t build . What happened to my rights. Twice my architect has withdrawn the application. To be honest it’s left a nasty taste in my mouth. Do I even want to live next door to two faced people who I had the courtesy to go over to and discuss my plans before submitting and on the surface were supportive, then stab me in the back as soon as they receive the Council’s letter.

Sponsored Links
You know the strange thing is when my next door neighbours on the other side did their extension I received no notification from the council. I first new because my neighbour had the cheek to ask me if I would keep their bins in my yard a few months to work commencing. I sed yeh bring whatever you want and buckets and brooms followed lol

More than 3 metres. 3.5 metres from the original kitchen. The reason for extension is I am finding it harder to use upstairs bathroom and the plan is to install a wetroom as a part of this extension,
Is the application for a householder planning permission or is it a prior notification of extended permitted development?

Is the application for a householder planning permission or is it a prior notification of extended permitted development?
Prior notification of extended permitted development

Why was it withdrawn. Did neighbours object?

Correct. First time they objected because the architect (mistake) showed it on the boundary line, therefore the gutters would have been hanging in their space. Fair enuff. Was resubmitted for it to be built 6 inch inside my boundary line. Once again they objected. I only know what my architect told me and he said they had sent a lengthy letter to planning quoting the party wall act, party wall agreements the lot. Yes I know my architect is rubbish at communicating

If there are no neighbour objections, prior notification is generally automatically allowed. If a neighbour raises an objection it then allows the LPA to consider other factors - such as 45° rule etc. You need to find out exactly what the objections are - both from the neighbour and from the LPA - and then address each one.

Otherwise, build it 3m and get on with it. If it were me I would make that full width and have the roof I want rather than what the neighbour prefers.

Thank you Jeds
I do appreciate every reply .
Yes I was thinking exactly the same ; it’s my kitchen and my choice of roof. If the council try to get me to change it to a flat roof to appease the neighbours I am going to decline.

Personally I would send. Dear neighbour, as you have been a PITA and blocked our extension with planning, we give up. I am going to plant 8m bamboo along the boundary. Hope you enjoy the view. Love and kisses.

You never know, they might change their minds and prefer your extension.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back