Neighbours rainwater running into public path & house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am hoping for some advice. I am in the process of buying a house however I have noticed a potential issue with the neighbours rainwater runoff.

The house I am buying has a narrow public pathway along the back of it. The neighbour has built an extension, the rainwater from the extension runs down the gutter but not into a drain - just straight into the path. You can't tell from the photos, but the path is reasonably flat, with a slight well and also a tilt towards the house I am purchasing. Therefore a lot of the run off will run right into the wall of my house and collect in the pathway. There isn't anywhere immediately obvious where the water could be redirected, and the path is council owned, so I am guessing it won't be quick or easy getting them to make a 'V' grove in the path to redirect the water.

I am concerned this could over the long term this could damage my house.

My house is the wall on the left in the photos

View media item 100297
View media item 100298
Thank you in advance for advice

Sponsored Links
The other gutter runs around their house but it's a higher level than the one that runs to the ground

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back