Nest 3rd gen replacing wireless Drayton

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning

We've finally plumped for a nest persuaded by the slight Black Friday reduction.

I'd read a few reviews beforehand and most advised they were easy enough to install (I suppose that is dependant on the installer!), I've had a quick look at the current set up, which has the mains switch in to the control unit. Please see picture.

I thought it could be as easy as replicating the current set up using the 230v diagram, but thought I'd check first and have worried myself that a wrong wire somewhere would blow the PCB, so just to check, any advice on what goes where in the heat link would be appreciated, failing that my father in law is an ex gas engineer and could do it for me on his next visit, but my impatience strikes again.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• IMG_0705.JPG
    IMG_0705.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
The 230V mains wires Live(brown) and Neutral(blue) go to L & N on the Heatlink.

Grey Wire connected to 1 on the Drayton will be connected to 2 on Heatlink
Black Wire connected to 3 on the Drayton will be connected to 3 on Heatlink.

The 230V mains wires Live(brown) and Neutral(blue) go to L & N on the Heatlink.

Grey Wire connected to 1 on the Drayton will be connected to 2 on Heatlink
Black Wire connected to 3 on the Drayton will be connected to 3 on Heatlink.

Magic, that's sort of where my guess was after spending a bit longer looking about. I'll give it a go then, cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back