Nest and vokera syntesi 35

The internal timer is a just a switch, as long as it's set to be permanently 'on' 24/7 and the Nest is taking overall control it shouldn't be doing anything at all, other than complete a circuit.

I'm an electrical engineer, not a gas safe engineer, so don't have detailed knowledge of the boiler intricacies once you get past the external wiring terminals. However, Fault code 01 is 'burner failed to ignite' which would be controlled by the boilers integral circuitry, so I can't see the timeswitch being responsible for that error code anyway. Electrically it's just an on / off switch, the same as the Nest.

If you were just to remove the timer that would leave most boilers open circuit and they wouldn't operate, so the internal wiring would need changing, or sometimes a special 'link plug' is required to replace the timer connection to complete the circuit. And if, as with some boilers, you have to open the room sealed part of the boiler to access it, then it wouldn't be a DIY job anyway.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that , the last engineer I had out told me it could be a number of reasons even the 3amp fused switch on the wall used by the boiler could be the reason for the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back