Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SOLUTION:

The solution is the following:

5.jpg

Could not have come up with it without the help of @ianmcd

Hi all,

I have had my boiler switched out from an very old (1990s) boiler to a Glow Worm 30c.

I had a Nest configured on this by an official installer, I believe he used the Y Plan configuration.

The new boiler is installed but the Nest is not connected in any way. I believe it should be easy enough to do, but I need a little guidance.

Here are what I believe are the relevant diagrams:

NEST

1-1554454508.jpg

BOILER

2-1554454505.jpg

Is that really all there is to it, two wires between the boiler and heatlink? How do I turn off the timer on the boiler? do I need to remove either of the loops under X106 on the second diagram?

One of the confusing things I am seeing in my research is this diagram:

3-1554454502.jpg

I know its for a slightly different boiler the 30CX rather than 30C, but that seems to indicate 4 wires..... which is fine, but I do not see a 0v socket on the boiler.

Would someone mind pointing me in the right direction please?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
2&3 from the nest are connected to your boiler at plug X106, you will see the terminals marked 24vRT you remove the link (if still fitted) and connect the two nest wires to here, do not put 240v into those terminals

2&3 from the nest are connected to your boiler at plug X106, you will see the terminals marked 24vRT you remove the link (if still fitted) and connect the two nest wires to here, do not put 240v into those terminals

Thanks Ian, If I am reading it right, does this mean it will look like this:

4-1554454496.jpg

Also it doesn't seem clear which way round 2 and 3 connect to in X106

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
THANKS IAN!! I think it is all wired up and connected correctly, do I need to set the boiler to any particular setting to get the heating to come on or off? at the moment it is set to the timer but ideally I would want that off entirely.

UPDATE: It is working, I have it set to on and the Nest seems to take control.

Last edited:
I'm in almost the exact same situation as you @TheSirSpence
I have a Glow Worm 30c boiler already fitted and up and running and I've got myself a Nest smart stat to link up.
Now, I'm sure I know what I'm doing but just slightly weary of getting it wrong and fully aware of the ramifications if I do!
After looking for a while I'm relieved to have found this thread but unfortunately I can't open the jpeg files you've attached.
Any chance you could help me out and attach them again here for me to view please?
Many thanks

Quick look at manual
1672384686951.png

It seems three ways to connect a thermostat, also there are two UK Nest thermostats plus the USA version.
I believe he used the Y Plan configuration.
If that was the case then the thermostat connects to the motorised valve, so non of the above.

Think you are safer starting your own thread, in the main once some one has found what they want, they are never seen again. It says "Last seen 2 May 2019" so unlikely he will read your post.

• Thanks
Reactions: TTP
Thanks @ericmark , I'm new to this forum stuff and didn't notice the date.
I'll make a new thread now.
Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back