Nest with Polypipe UFH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can someone help! Our boiler man has brought in an electrician and both seem to be lost. Is it possible to have a nest setup to work our UFH setup.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Our Combi boiler is a Glowworm Ultimate2 35c. We now have 2 two port valves installed after the boiler man forgot to put one in to turn off the rads when the UFH was running.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    215.1 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_2895.JPG
    IMG_2895.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 272
  • IMG_2896.JPG
    IMG_2896.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2897.JPG
    IMG_2897.JPG
    212.2 KB · Views: 259
Sponsored Links
If they're confused by that setup then you should change the tradesmen.

How many zones is the UFH?

If one then it is a 30 minute job.

If more than one you need more nests and its an hour's job.

It is only one zone on the UFH but they are confused on where the put the heat link in on the system.

Sponsored Links
No not at all, builder brought them in on the back extension. Not been impressed at all as installed new boiler and UFH but couldn't get it to work right as they hadn't put in 2 port valve. finally did that but have put in a cheap thermostat when we requested a nest/wireless system for us to control away from the house. Both now are either playing dumb or are as saying the nest wont work in our system. They maybe right but what I have read suggests otherwise just need to have two to control each zone.

It is simple to do and perfectly compatible. The Nest, as with most thermostats is just a glorified switch.

It roubles me that any heating engineer would call in a Sparks for heating controls, but accept it is not the end of the world (one of my guys struggles with control wiring sometimes and I talk him through on the phone).

But to call in a Sparks that is also clueless is unforgivable.

we have a 2 zone system, one of which is underfloor heating. We have 2 nests fitted. One controls one zone and the hot water. The other nest controls the ufh.

Our plumber called in a spark as neither of them had fitted a nest before. They managed it......

I did one (Twin Nests) the other week (I'm a Honeywell man, these were supplied by the customer). Even did it Opentherm, which in theory is not possible.

It's not rocket science.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back