Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Therapy

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning Folks

Have anyone gone through an NLP therapy session?

If so, what does it do and feel like? How did you feel before and after the therapy?

Do think it was worth it?

There seems to be a lot of information about this on the internet, and I don't know what to believe and what not to believe !

Thanks

Sponsored Links
tis all ball cocks imo aimed at the easily lead , middle class , hippy types :LOL: searching for the meaning of life & spiritual en-lightenment :LOL:

What are you trying to achieve? I had great results with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. (For what I learnt in the sessions is medically known as "The Vasovagel reaction")

Nozzle

Sponsored Links
What are you trying to achieve? I had great results with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. (For what I learnt in the sessions is medically known as "The Vasovagel reaction")

Nozzle

did it hurt ??????????

I suppose it may be mumbo jumbo but if the recipient believes in it and gets some benefit then it's not all bad. I've had CBT and it worked for a few years then I found myself slipping back into depression.

I suppose it may be mumbo jumbo but if the recipient believes in it and gets some benefit then it's not all bad. I've had CBT and it worked for a few years then I found myself slipping back into depression.

yes, well if it works all well and good. The difficulty is in distinguishing transient depression (almost everyone will suffer from that at some time in their life) and clinical depression which is potentially much more serious.

God, I despair with some of you buggers; do you even know what NLP is. NLP and CBT are pretty much the same sort of thing, except NLP will try and reprogram your thought processes, and CBT give you coping strategies to handle the issues you have. You are programmed from birth by your parents and your environment, and NLP attempts to reprogram the way you think and look at things, and it works better than CBT because it change the way you think, whereas you slip back into old habits with CBT because the real you has the issues. CBT needs refresher sessions to keep motivating you to cope, just as a lot of people will come off the diet when they stop going to weight watchers classes.

tis all ball cocks imo aimed at the easily lead , middle class , hippy types :LOL: searching for the meaning of life & spiritual en-lightenment

Nope, that's crystal therapy, radionic pendulums, and a lot of other stuff you'll see up at the Mind,Body and Spirit exhibition. It's amazing how some people get sucked into some of these things. You listen to them raving about it, and you feel sorry for them.

God, I despair with some of you buggers; do you even know what NLP is. NLP and CBT are pretty much the same sort of thing, except NLP will try and reprogram your thought processes, and CBT give you coping strategies to handle the issues you have. You are programmed from birth by your parents and your environment, and NLP attempts to reprogram the way you think and look at things, and it works better than CBT because it change the way you think, whereas you slip back into old habits with CBT because the real you has the issues. CBT needs refresher sessions to keep motivating you to cope, just as a lot of people will come off the diet when they stop going to weight watchers classes.

Nope, that's crystal therapy, radionic pendulums, and a lot of other stuff you'll see up at the Mind,Body and Spirit exhibition. It's amazing how some people get sucked into some of these things. You listen to them raving about it, and you feel sorry for them.

pfft! I can only pitty non-yorkshire men, we're born with natural grit!

Don't worry Eddie; the contradiction of the human condition, is that you can be an agnostic, yet still be entitled to a God given right. What you can't do being an agnostic, is ponder on just who, or what God is, as you don't have that right. Not that you'd want it

well it's not about your position in the race but how you run it. After all it's all futile.. but if you think that way you may as well give up.

I think we need to have a whip-round for the OP and get him a course of therapy and a lottery ticket.

Sponsored Links
Back