Neutral lighting wire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you don't think that either he or I are advocating deliberately installing 'borrowed neutrals', or suggesting that anyone should deliberately install them today, do you?

Thats the impression I was left with, because you did'nt understand the problem and that's why you asked me for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Do you have RCDs in your consumer unit? Are the lighting circuits on different RCDs? If yes to both, then they are the same neutral.
Just to reaffirm, this advice is nonsense. If there was one RCD then the advice would be correct. But he said RCD's ie more than one, that means the neutrals associated with either RCD have to be separate.
Just to reaffirm - you are repeating your mistake.

Look at the OP's question

Can anyone tell me if the lighting circuit for my first floor is all on 1 MCB then does the mean they all share a same neutral wire?

If his lighting circuits are on different RCDs, and (as seems a correct assumption, they aren't tripping all the time) then he can't have the L & N for a light from different circuits, can he.

You aren't very good at this, are you....

Thats the impression I was left with, because you did'nt understand the problem and that's why you asked me for clarification.
Wrong again.

That is not the reason you were left with that impression.

You were left with this impression because you aren't very good at this.

Just to reaffirm - you are repeating your mistake.

Look at the OP's question

If his lighting circuits are on different RCDs, and (as seems a correct assumption, they aren't tripping all the time) then he can't have the L & N for a light from different circuits, can he.

You aren't very good at this, are you....

You know I was not responding to the ops question, I was responding to the advcie given.

Sponsored Links
You know I was not responding to the ops question, I was responding to the advcie given.
You were responding to advice given as a result of the OP's question.

Advice which you did not understand because you aren't very good at this.

Why don't you stop making stupid pointless comments
It is not I who is making stupid pointless comments, because it is not I who isn't very good at this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back