Neutral or Acetoxy Silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to seal bottom of tiles to a plastic shower tray. I was on the point of doing so with Dow Corning 785 and noticed that on the list of stuff it sticks, plastic is not there. On looking at one of Dow Corning Datasheets it suggested an adhesion test for plastic substrates, which I have done using 785 silicone on the side of another tray of same type that is not yet installed (I cleaned with meths first). It did stick to some extent, but also I was able to peel the cured stuff clean off without much effort; not really a good adhesion.

What would people suggest for this? I read that neutral cure silicones stick much better to plastics but I cannot find one with fungicide. Or is there some better preparation or primer for the plastic to improve adhesion with an acetoxy cure silicone?

Thanks for any advice.

Pete

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back