Neutral wire not connected to light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone tell me if I'm going crazy here!

I've just removed a set of spotlights from a ceiling and replaced with a standard pendant as it''s getting plastered.

It's the last pendant on the circuit so only one feed wire in however I'm convinced the 'Neutral' circuit wire was terminated into a terminal block and not connected to the light fitting in any way! Would the light still have worked this way i.e. with only the switched live connected to the light fitting or have I imagined it was wired this way!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, It's been a long day I think I just needed it confirmed it wouldn't work like this!

The 2 'Red' wires must have been connected in the terminal block as you would expect with the two blacks connecting to the light fitting.

Sponsored Links
but as sparkwright has pointed out, it could been wired so the earth/cpc was offering a neutral path.
but that's a no no!
but i'm betting on the long day!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back