Neutralizing Link

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What problems and hazards would you cause if you installed your own PEN conductor into a TT system not that im thinking bout it by the way

(am i right to think TNCS is just like TT but with a link from earth to neutral in the cabinet)

Sponsored Links
No no no. Think about it TNC-S is termed Permanent Multiple Earthing. Can you imagine why that is?

If you connect your earth to the neutral, then a fault to neutral will cause a shock risk not only in your house but also in other installations connected to the supply.

PME is called that because the supply companies earth the neutral with earth electrodes at many points along the length of the supply cable.

This ensures that the neutral is more or less equal to earth evn in the extreme situation where the neutral leg is broken but the phase is still connected.

Sponsored Links
I'm pretty sure it's in the Electricity Act. I think I posted a link to it a while ago. Try a Search.

You usually find it doesn't say quite what people think it says.

edited: start here
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=629362#629362

I used to work in the biz.

there are 26 pages.

I have read the whole thing a number of times but don't feel inclined to do it again.

Might be section 31.

5p on it? I have an idea it is called "interfering" or "tampering" with the seals.

On examination, it seems to refer to interference with meters

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back