Never-ending saga of being a Vokera owner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, thanks to those who helped me with my last query over the pump. It worked !

For two days :(

Now it seems that the latest part of the Vokera boiler to screw up is the air pressure valve which now looks like it needs replacing; as the boiler fires as normal for DHW & heating if you (a) suck the silicone tube or (b) short the terminals

So my question is, is the Vokera part number for this APV specific to this boiler or are they a generic item ?

If I ever get this POS to work correctly I'll have time to take up a hobby :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You are playing around with a serious safety device now.

Yes they are specific to the model and burner size. This is way above DIY as this may noy be the real fault.

Please stop playing and call a RGI

Rebus, if you get someone who knows what he is doing, boiler would work properly. A repair should fix the problem, not result in multiple revisits. If the problem reoccurs, it is mostly due to the fact the wrong part was replaced based on lack of knowledge or lack of proper procedure to establish root cause of problem.

There is nothing wrong with Vokera as a brand. A bad workman blames his tools.

Thanks for the replies, really appreciated

What gets the vote for the best reliability for a combi boiler - Vaillant ?Worcester ??

Seriously thinking of just getting the awful Vokera ripped out and replaced with something reliable

Sponsored Links
Not sure what model you have but have you considered it may not be the APS thats at fault?

What gets the vote for the best reliability for a combi boiler

There is no boiler out there that can be taken to be reliable, unless it is fitted as the manufacturer intended (few are) and then maintained as per the manual (even less)

As said before, nothing wrong with the vokera brand, especially early ones. Common problem is people tinkering without sound knowledge.

Found a Vokera boiler in a skip some time ago that had a new pump, PCB and fan. What it needed was a diaphragm. 7 years on, it is still working without a hitch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back