New Alarm System

Europlex";p="796067 said:
Joe - buy yourself a copy of EN ????? (its too late to be bothered looking it up) and teach yourself grading
Could someone please give me the definitive answer to the question.

What baring has EN regulations to a DIY system when giving advise to a DIYer?

A DIYer could have no tamper circuits, 6ft of 'bell cable' hanging out of the loft to the bell, single push PAs, twist & taped joints, no bell stop time, strobe continuing after a bell stop etc etc

thats a popular misconception there,and some misleading comment.Your obviously not up on the regs either - put it this way "theres even a grade for DIY`ers ....."

By definition if the O/P says he`s installing " an alarm system..." then it has to meet minimum requirments

Sponsored Links
The alarm system in my house is a combination of a domestic and commercil install and is currently running at 44 zones, all of them are D-EOL, with no problems at all.

It has been like this for four years now.

How's life at Windsor Castle? Don't the Corgis set it off?

Tell me what the zones are. (or just a few of them).

saxondale";p="796077 said:
Joe - buy yourself a copy of EN ????? (its too late to be bothered looking it up) and teach yourself grading

A DIYer could have no tamper circuits, 6ft of 'bell cable' hanging out of the loft to the bell, single push PAs, twist & taped joints, no bell stop time, strobe continuing after a bell stop etc etc

thats a popular misconception there,and some misleading comment.Your obviously not up on the regs either - put it this way "theres even a grade for DIY`ers ....."

By definition if the O/P says he`s installing " an alarm system..." then it has to meet minimum requirments

Don't be ridiculous. Anyone can do what they want. Shed alarm with a battery??

Sponsored Links
Don't be ridiculous. Anyone can do what they want.

Really??

We look forward to you posting the relevant information confirming this. - but he won't

Posting from th office now are we Saxondale? :rolleyes:

You can do what you want in your own house mate. Like I said (before you selectively edited my post) Shed alarm with a battery.

Posting from th office now are we Saxondale? :rolleyes:

You can do what you want in your own house mate. Like I said (before you selectively edited my post) Shed alarm with a battery.

What are you on about. You really should seek help for your parannoia. Try your GP. Oh, sorry, you can't. They don't know has much as you.

And you're the one being selective. Ignoring the minimum requirements.

What minimum requirements? If I want wind chimes that ring when the door opens then that's what I''ll have. Exactly WHERE does it say I can't? More silly waffle from Saxo and his sock puppets.

Trivialising again to hide your ignorance on the subject.
We still await your conformation, with supporting evidence, of how and why people can do what they like.

What minimum requirements? If I want wind chimes that ring when the door opens then that's what I''ll have. Exactly WHERE does it say I can't? More silly waffle from Saxo and his sock puppets.

you really have issues don`t you ? go seek some proffesional help

An alarm by definition HAS to meet minumum requirments, the fact you dont know them or cannot see that is not my problem its yours pal

its funny you still think I`m several posters - were having a great time talking about you on our private forum, we`ve even made a name up for people with your condition - go figure

There is NO MINIMUM REQUIREMENT. If you think there is - let's hear about it. Wind chimes anyone?

There is NO MINIMUM REQUIREMENT. If you think there is - let's hear about it. Wind chimes anyone?
Says the village idiot who still won't answer the basic question. Just posts to say others are wrong.

joe, joe, joe - by your own admision you do not know what you are talking about - go away

saxondale";p="796077 said:

You say "theres even a grade for DIY'ers ....."

Could you please give me a link to this grading somewhere so I can have a read up, always willing to learn.
I always find it best to get something official rather than hearsay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back