New Alarm System

have a look at this
http://www.nu-riskservices.co.uk/pd...anintruderalarmstandardsv1amended.pdf[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the link but I must ask a similar question again, what does the contents of that link have to do with a DIY install?

europlex (joe),europlex( joe),europlex (joe) - by your own admision you do not know what you are talking about - go away

europlex - whilst you were asleep for a hundred years (oh your not snow white then ? sorry my mistake) EN regulations were introduced - these include sections specifically aimed at " DIY installations........." it is now up to the " diy`er" to ensure he meets the requirments - there is no such thing as a non standards installation anymore

your wrong it really is that simple

Sponsored Links
Could you please give me a link to this grading somewhere so I can have a read up, always willing to learn.
I always find it best to get something official rather than hearsay.

sorry missed this before my previous reply

its all there in the regs - you claim to be an alarm installer so you must have a copy, copyright means I wont be posting excerpts from them but no doubt BAS will if he can find them

its all there in the regs - you claim to be an alarm installer so you must have a copy, copyright means I wont be posting excerpts from them but no doubt BAS will if he can find them
He's good at that....especially when claiming he does everything by the book. lol

Well guess what, two 12 hour days later and it's fitted and fully working. :D

Used D-EOL and i'll do so in my future homes.

Few teething problems at the end. Most time consuming thing was lifting floor boards and running wires.

Main problems were:

1. Tamper light showing on remote keypad
2. Power light flashing on control box and remote keypad
3. When doing the walk though two PIR's were showing as being active without me moving.

Causes were:

1a. Keypad tamper switch wasn't touching the casing
1b. Hall PIR the resistor wasn't touching the contact properly
1c. Kitchen PIR the factory settings for EOL were not set as per the default causing the resistance to be wrong.
2. There are 6 terminals for the power and I'd mistakenly not used the fused connection. (I blame tiredness!)
3. When I sorted item 1 the walkthrough was perfect.

Zones named, User named, access codes amended, walkthrough completed and external/internal sirens tested.

Things left are remote dialer (wired up, just not setup) and sorting out the part set.

Thanks again for all the positive advice I received off here. :D

Sponsored Links
saxondale";p="796894 said:
europlex - whilst you were asleep for a hundred years (oh your not snow white then ? sorry my mistake) EN regulations were introduced - these include sections specifically aimed at " DIY installations........." it is now up to the " diy`er" to ensure he meets the requirments - there is no such thing as a non standards installation anymore

I'm at a loss to understand why you become so rude and belligerent when asked a reasonable question, why is this?

You and I do not know each other so why all the animosity?

Usually I don't reply to someone who 'goes off on one' as easily as do you but I think a polite reply to my questions would not be amiss, any chance?

Oh, and by the way I would be interested in seeing the post where you say that I 'claim to be an alarm installer', could I have the link please, or an apology when you can't find it?

I'm at a loss to understand why you become so rude and belligerent when asked a reasonable question, why is this?

in isolation I would agree but in the context of how and why the question was asked I consider it a reasonable response

You and I do not know each other so why all the animosity?

same question about you crossed my mind

Usually I don't reply to someone who 'goes off on one' as easily as do you but I think a polite reply to my questions would not be amiss, any chance?

no but you cause enough posters to "go off on one .." dont you - bit of a habit is it?

Oh, and by the way I would be interested in seeing the post where you say that I 'claim to be an alarm installer', could I have the link please, or an apology when you can't find it?

so this wasnt you in a similar topic you were confusing the issue about starting systems mains first

Been in this business about 35 years (so I do know a bit) and as far as I know, no one on this Forum is known to me....

so make your mind up - do YOU know what your talking about or are you just like Joe90 and making it up?

regards

Saxondale

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back