New Alarm System

When's the last time you made a mistake with a global tamper? It doesn't happen. Oh and a single wire resistor is one with a single core wire rather than a multi-core. All you are doing is making it more difficult to get right initially and later - for no benefit whatsoever. It's house.

Sponsored Links
So just because it is a house means what? I can't recall making a mistake installing a global tamper system, but I have fixed faults on panels with open circuit global tampers before. Still don't understand what you mean by a single wire resistor, can you post a pic or a link or something?
I'd just use bog standard carbon film resistors.

single eol is the old (american i believe) eol system that provides cable cut protection butt no short circuit protection that the more usual double eol provides.

I use triple end of line these days.

The detectors have the resistors built in, so no need to worry about a thing. :D

Sponsored Links
triple eol, is nomrally used for additional reporting, ie mask or fault etc.

But i agree the sensors and door contacts with built in resistors makes things a lot easier

The texecom anti masking dual techs are cheaper to buy than the standard dual techs.

Madness not to fit them. (providing the panel supports them)

RF Lighting, Security Warehouse and spark123 thank your for your inputs. Its greatly appreciated! I'm competent at soldering, but Spark's method sounds a lot easier, I can't see any reason not to go with EOL.

I know exactly what I'm doing now and fitting the alarm tommorrow. I think pre-planning is the key and you guys have answered the few queries I had.

Again thanks for your knowledge, if I could meet any of ya a pint would be coming your way. :D

I shall keep you informed. Think i'll be hanging around this forum more in future, seem to be some decent knowledgable people on here.

Thanks again.

(a thumbs up icon is needed!!) :D

RF Lighting, Security Warehouse and spark123 thank your for your inputs. Its greatly appreciated! I'm competent at soldering, but Spark's method sounds a lot easier, I can't see any reason not to go with EOL.

I know exactly what I'm doing now and fitting the alarm tommorrow. I think pre-planning is the key and you guys have answered the few queries I had.

Again thanks for your knowledge, if I could meet any of ya a pint would be coming your way. :D

sorry old chap - only just got back to the office (have to earn a living somedays LOL) stick with it - follow spark123`s drawing and lets see how it goes

Joe - buy yourself a copy of EN ????? (its too late to be bothered looking it up) and teach yourself grading

JOE THIS IS FOR YOU:

I've been installing a bigish domestic this week, 20 zones in total, all are EOL.

Please advise on what you would have done in this situation.

The alarm system in my house is a combination of a domestic and commercil install and is currently running at 44 zones, all of them are D-EOL, with no problems at all.

It has been like this for four years now.

saxondale";p="795783 said:
Joe - buy yourself a copy of EN ????? (its too late to be bothered looking it up) and teach yourself grading
Could someone please give me the definitive answer to the question.

What baring has EN regulations to a DIY system when giving advise to a DIYer?

A DIYer could have no tamper circuits, 6ft of 'bell cable' hanging out of the loft to the bell, single push PAs, twist & taped joints, no bell stop time, strobe continuing after a bell stop etc etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back